Voices Not Working in Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard

Voices aren't working properly?

Voices Not Working in Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard

Postby vikneifdi » Tue Nov 06, 2007 4:22 pm

Cepstral voices are not working at all in Leopard. They are not even displayed with the default voices in the Speech preference pane.

Are they supposed to work in Leopard? If not, will there be an update?

Thanks
vikneifdi

Postby hammer32 » Tue Nov 20, 2007 6:31 am

Same issue here.

Edit: I was running version 4.2.0 of the speech engine. Although I didn't see any notes for 4.2.1 it now shows my Cepstral Lawrence voice in the Voices control panel.

Thanks,

Sean
hammer32

Postby vikneifdi » Tue Nov 20, 2007 1:10 pm

I re-installed and they started working again.
vikneifdi

Postby AdamW » Sat Dec 20, 2008 12:57 pm

Follow up from Cepstral:

Cepstral voices at version 5.x are tested to work on Leopard. In some cases, reinstalling will resolve the issue of the voice not working. The voice should work (that is, speak) regardless of its licensing status.
AdamW

Postby dipalina » Wed Jan 13, 2010 3:00 am

How to increase the font size across all applications in Mac OS X? I use an external monitor with 1920x1080 resolution for my Unibody MacBook. The font size on web pages, menu bar, iTunes library appear very small making it difficult to read. If I reduce the resolution to 1280x720, the sharpness is lost and everything looks blurred. Is there a way to increase the font size or change the DPI in Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard)?
Last edited by dipalina on Sat Jan 16, 2010 6:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
dipalina

Postby AdamW » Wed Jan 13, 2010 9:02 am

Well this last query is a bit (ok way-) off topic, but here is what we know:
There is really no way to increase font size across all applications in one fell swoop. So it will have to be one application at a time as far as I know.

Since I personally enjoy the high resolution, I've switched to using Universal access rather than increasing font sizes. In the Universal Access, switch on Zoom. Then two-fingered sweeps on the trackpad, or some other gesture/key combination of your choice will increase the font so you can read. The user can always increase font size on the fly by pressing command-+ in most applications.

Ok. Now that we're done, we should get back on topic with troubleshooting Cepstral voice installations. And apologies to all users for what amounts to a courtesy spam.
AdamW

Return to Troubleshooting