Cepstral not working in Snow Leopard

Voices aren't working properly?

Cepstral not working in Snow Leopard

Postby mcnitt » Tue Sep 01, 2009 5:01 pm

Upgraded to OS X Snow Leopard (10.6) from 10.5 and my Cepstral David voice disappeared from the system preferences speech menu. I tried downloading and reinstalling the voice but this produced an error. Any updates on this?
mcnitt

Postby AdamW » Thu Sep 03, 2009 5:19 am

The 5.x generation of Cepstral voices was first released more than a year ago. It is not compatible with the 64-bit underpinnings of Snow Leopard (and with its dual 32- and 64-bit support for applications of both types). Cepstral is currently working on an update release for compatibility with Snow Leopard that should be announced very soon.

Cepstral Management.
AdamW

update Cepstral Voices on Snow Leopard

Postby Ove » Tue Sep 15, 2009 7:24 am

adel wrote:Cepstral is currently working on an update release for compatibility with Snow Leopard that should be announced very soon.

Hello,
I would like to be informed please,
as soon as the update for Cepstral Voices is available.

Thank you,
Ove
Ove

Count me in on the notification

Postby ChazH » Sat Sep 26, 2009 6:14 pm

adel wrote:Cepstral is currently working on an update release for compatibility with Snow Leopard that should be announced very soon.

Yes, please notify me as well! will you send an email to Mac users, or how will we be notified?
Chaz
ChazH

Postby MacTodd » Tue Sep 29, 2009 3:34 pm

adel wrote:The 5.x generation of Cepstral voices was first released more than a year ago. It is not compatible with the 64-bit underpinnings of Snow Leopard (and with its dual 32- and 64-bit support for applications of both types). Cepstral is currently working on an update release for compatibility with Snow Leopard that should be announced very soon.

Cepstral Management.

Greetings,

I saw this post from Sep 3rd stating that Snow Leopard would be announced very soon.

Are we looking at days, weeks, months? Thanks!
MacTodd

Snow Leopard

Postby jskoda » Wed Oct 07, 2009 11:50 am

I too would like to be put on the list for being notified when Snow Leopard compatibility is finished.

As an aside, the software does work in Snow Leopard, you can use the swift command in a Terminal, but the prefPane is, as previously noted, broken.
jskoda

Postby jpframer » Tue Oct 13, 2009 2:33 pm

I have found the preference pane works, but it defaults to Alex on start-up. If I click on "Cepstral Voices" in the "Other" section, then click on "show all" to go back to the full pane, and then click on "Speech" and the "Text to Speech" tab, the Cepstral voice is selected and works. However, sometimes it doesn't always stay, and will revert back to Alex later. Looking forward to the update.
jpframer

Postby david » Tue Oct 13, 2009 3:30 pm

...I'd like to be informed as well. Waiting desperately for the 10.6-compatible version, as I bought Matthias only a few weeks ago.
david

Postby gmannyc » Wed Nov 11, 2009 9:17 am

Its been a while since the first update - can someone from Cepstral advise as to how long it will take before the software update for Snow Leopard will be released? Also, will your update work with a 64 bit setup?
gmannyc

Update Date, Please? Or maybe just the update would be good.

Postby ChazH » Wed Nov 11, 2009 9:28 am

gmannyc wrote:Its been a while since the first update - can someone from Cepstral advise as to how long it will take before the software update for Snow Leopard will be released? Also, will your update work with a 64 bit setup?

Darn good questions gmannyc! In fact, November 11 is in my definition not soon after September 1.

Also, a good question, and to fully clarify, will the Cepstral System Pref be a 32-bit pref pane, or will it work in 64-bit mode of the System Preferences application? That is, will it still have to restart System Prefs in 32-bit mode to operate the Cepstral preference pane?

Finally, all this time I have been unable to use Cepstral voices. Will there be some type of compensation for our loss of time?

Please advise.
Chaz
ChazH

waiting for snow leopard update

Postby goldenmr2w » Fri Nov 13, 2009 3:47 pm

[quote="gmannyc"]Its been a while since the first update - can someone from Cepstral advise as to how long it will take before the software update for Snow Leopard will be released? Also, will your update work with a 64 bit setup?[/quote

I would very much appreciate a time line on this as it has been quite a while and I am anxious to hear my Duncan again, and thank you.
golden2
goldenmr2w

Postby Helge » Sun Nov 15, 2009 10:03 am

Same here.

2 Months ago, support replied that they are working on it and a patch will be released soon. Needless to mention that the announced patch never came.

Now does support even not reply anymore. I see this going to the BBB.

A statement is overdue.
Helge

Postby gmannyc » Wed Dec 02, 2009 7:36 pm

Ok, this is not looking good. Either you laid off the Mac developer or you're about ready to disband - it would be nice if you let us know (and darn you for making me reply in this way). You really don't want blog/board entries posted (in multiple OS's) focusing on your non-response and possible demise. Say Something.
gmannyc

Is this discussion group on?...

Postby ChazH » Wed Dec 02, 2009 10:24 pm

tap, tap, tap, test 1... 2... 3..., test, test, ah... hello? Is this discussion group on? Can you hear me in the back... in the depths of the Cepstral offices?

Please, give us a clue when my Cepstral software that I just updated shortly before the SL update will be working. It doesn't work and in my opinion, if it won't work, I just assume get my money back.

Oops, I guess I just jinxed this discussion thread all, sorry... I asked for money back.

Chaz
Chaz
ChazH

Postby DeeSan » Thu Dec 03, 2009 2:31 pm

The following is a copy of communication between myself and Cepstral Technical Support. A bit over two weeks ago they
stated that a public beta should be released in a week. That time frame has obviously come and gone. I'm beginning to seriously
believe, sad to say, that a Snow Leopard compatible update is purely vaporware.

Sunday, November 15 2009 5:33pm
Can you give any idea of when the Snow Leopard compatible update will be released? I use Cepstral in my business and this is costing me money.

Any info you can provide would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks much,

DeeSan Fili

Tuesday, November 17 2009 11:36pm

Since you are obviously not answering email queries, am I correct in assuming that you have given up on a 10.6 compatible update and those of us who use a Mac and have purchased Cepstral Voices are simply screwed?

Really, any kind of a reply would be welcome! The total silence is what's maddening!

DeeSan

Cepstral Technical Support (Wednesday, November 18 2009 4:18am)

Dear Mr. Fili,

We have not given up on the Snow Leopard Update. In fact the engine is undergoing testing as we speak. We are expecting public beta by next week, and General Availability thereafter, pending any issues.

The Cepstral Support Team
DeeSan

Next

Return to Troubleshooting