Voice that learns from lexicon entries

What features do you want?

Postby manojb » Tue Jun 12, 2007 3:22 am

One of the issues that I am noticing a lot while editing lexicon is that I need to enter entries for all the variations of the word.

For e.g. if I add an entry for "flickr", I need to add an entry for "flickr's", "flickr.com" etc.

If common cases like apostrophe or the past tense form of the word could be handled it would be very helpful. This would be a biiiiiiiig help. I have a lot of entries like this in my lexicon.(overpromise, overpromised, commoditise, commoditised to give a few examples).

The problem is more pronounced for words ending with a suffix like 'tunes'. I need to enter entries for itunes, gdtunes etc.

Thanks,

Manoj.
manojb

Postby MultiPort » Wed Jul 18, 2007 8:55 am

Manojb,

You make a good point. Cepstral will add this to its feature wish-list. I think in general, this might fall under the need for a more robust user preference (XML) panel. I envision a setting that might toggle lexicon entries between "strict interpretation" or "all tenses or compound instances".

Thank you for your insight.
MultiPort

Postby msclrhd2 » Tue Aug 26, 2008 4:47 pm

I also find it annoying that the voices don't handle special characters very well. Especially curly quotes, such as: “You can’t be serious!”
msclrhd2

Postby Data516 » Fri Sep 25, 2009 7:55 am

Sounds good :D
Data516

Return to Cool Features