lexicon file not working for Swift Talker

Voices aren't working properly?

lexicon file not working for Swift Talker

Postby Dan Reid » Wed Jul 02, 2008 12:07 pm

I am using the Swift Talker application that came with the Cepstral download, but there is not lexicon.txt file in the voice folder "Allison" that I purchased, so I made a ttext file of that name and added a word "ghoti" like I was instructed to do on another "help" page, but I can't get it to pronounce it as "fish".

Here's what it looks like:

ghoti 0fish

I could get it to work in Text Aloud, but not Swift Talker. Help! I don't know if the program is even recognizing (or seeing) the lexicon file I saved. Thanks.

Dan
Dan Reid

Postby Paul » Mon Jul 07, 2008 3:55 pm

The lexicon file can be easily created within any voices directory if it is not automatically created after the install. If an improper lexicon entry is made which the entry ' ghoti 0fish ' would be considered to be improper the voice will not speak the entry made if it is incorrect. The proper entry to be made for this would be: " ghoti 0 f ih0 sh " which would make the voice speak fish instead of ghoti.

Please remember that a lexicon entry will only work if it is entered correctly. Even a letter that is not a proper phoneme can give no result of a lexicon correction when the word is being generated by the swift engine.

I hope this helps.
-Paul
Live, Laugh, Love..
Paul

Return to Troubleshooting