If I buy

How-to questions and answers

If I buy

Postby rsvette12 » Sat Jul 16, 2011 5:44 pm

Hi Guys:

Wondering if I buy a voice can I replace a default fsx atc voice with it or do I have to use a program like vox atc ? thank you.

Rich
rsvette12

Postby AdamW » Sat Jul 16, 2011 6:08 pm

Since you can download and install the voices to try them with full functionality, we suggest you go that route and try before you buy. Please visit our download pages at www.cepstral.com/downloads and download the installer of your choice. While unlicensed, a voice will speak a licensing reminder on an exasperatingly regular interval. Otherwise the installation is fully functional.

If the voice does not fit your need, you can uninstall it. We do not replace any system DLLs and our installations are very benign.

In general, our voices are compliant with SAPI 5.1 or later and any program that claims compatibility with SAPI 5.x should work.
AdamW

Postby rsvette12 » Sat Jul 16, 2011 7:01 pm

Thank you but I have looked all day on the web for info on how to instal it in fsx but no luck, not sure what to do.

Regards, Rich
rsvette12

Postby AdamW » Sat Jul 16, 2011 7:54 pm

SAPI voices are systemwide resources, they are installed under Windows and appear in the Windows speech panel. Once there, any SAPI compliant software should list the SAPI voices. There should be no need to install within the application proper, it should just appear there. From what we can tell FSX is SAPI-compliant. Given the paucity of information on Microsoft's website chances are you'll never find out until you try it.
AdamW

Return to How do I... ?