Weird pronunciation. Any way I can fix?

Neep help editing a voice's lexicon? Want to share your custom lexicon?

Weird pronunciation. Any way I can fix?

Postby Electro Speaker » Tue Jul 13, 2010 6:02 pm

Entering the phrase "Go grab at flags." with David as the speaker, what gets said is "Go grag at flags." (with a G sound at the end of grab instead of a B sound).

If I put a hyphen between "grab" and "at", SwiftTalker pronounces the B, but then I'm stuck with a pause/delay after it.

Also, with the phrase, "How close is it?" the word close that's intended is the one ending in an ss sound, but what I get instead is the one with a z sound at the end. SwiftTalker seems to have a context detector to determine which pronunciation to use. Is it possible to add a rule that when 'close' is used as an adjective, it uses the -ss pronunciation, and when as a verb, it uses the -z one.

P.S. Should someone spend a couple minutes going through deleting all this "We're selling cell phones" spam on here? It really makes it look like these forums are not maintained and have been left as just abandoned.
Electro Speaker

Postby Electro Speaker » Wed Jul 14, 2010 1:17 am

As a follow up, the 'Go grab at flags' seems to work okay with several of the other voice and as far as I could tell, is only an issue with the David voice.

Another thing I found and might be worthy of having a rule (or whatever they're called) set up is if the word Polish is ever capitalized and not at the start of a sentence, it should be pronounced po-lish. If it's not captialized, then it can be pronounced pol-ish.

For example, consider the sentence "Please polish the Polish silverware". When I run it, both instances of polish are pronounced pol-ish.
Electro Speaker

Return to Pronunciation