Is this a legitimate lexicon file? Charging money for it. .

Neep help editing a voice's lexicon? Want to share your custom lexicon?

Is this a legitimate lexicon file? Charging money for it. .

Postby ariestav » Wed Aug 05, 2009 11:26 am

I came across this lexicon file, but am uncertain if this is truly legitimate. Is this the file that comes with Cepstral voices? Has anybody ever used this to improve the TTS engine for any voices?

http://www.cybertaurus.com/lexicons/

Thanks!
ariestav

The Lexicon link you gave.

Postby BarJabba » Wed Aug 05, 2009 11:27 pm

I looked at the link you provided. It seemed a little shaky to me. Not to say that he does not have this lexicon. I am sure he does. I got a little wary, when I saw that he was trying to tell us that it is was worth $750. And then trying to tell us that he has got it down to $47, "for us today." I do not mind being sold by a salesman, I usually can see right through them anyway. If you have $47 to lose and you are not worried about it that much, I would give it a go. But only have seven or so lexicons to sell, well, that too is a little weird. I would be selling those things left and right as much as I could, why only a few? Maybe marketing ploy. That is what life is today anyway. One big marketing ploy!!

Maybe, if you have the time and you do decide to get this lexicon. Maybe you can tell us about it, did it work?

Ben T. Curtis. :-)
Ben T. Curtis

My System Info Image
BarJabba

Felt the same way.

Postby ariestav » Thu Aug 06, 2009 10:15 am

Yeah, I hear you. I felt the exact same way. . . especially when he says there are only 9 left? What? In this age of digital reproduction? 9 left? Too weird. Well, I snagged the sample declarations he had there, and placed them into the lexicon.txt for David's voice and it does change his pronunciation for the words (but not all). I'm not sure if it's worth buying it to. I'm not sure why he just doesn't sell it to Cepstral for some bank and let Cepstral distribute it for a fee.

If I break down and get it, I'll definitely post a review.

Thanks,
Arie
ariestav

RE:Lexicons

Postby BarJabba » Sat Aug 08, 2009 8:59 pm

Sorry I didn't get back to you sooner.

I was wondering if yoiu ever got this lexicon or any other lexicon? I too have "David" voice and I would like to stop the mispronounciations. I would also like to get rid of that "gurggling" sound that the voice makes between words (not all words).

Also, How would I include my voice in the Dragon NaturallySpeaking Preferred 10 application. I can't get ANY real support from them. I have no where else to go to. I called them and got someone in the Philippines with a heavy accent. They said they would get back to me in Email. Yeah right!

I hope we who depend on this software to use the computer will get better support.
Ben T. Curtis

My System Info Image
BarJabba

Postby AdamW » Mon Aug 17, 2009 7:57 am

Dear Users,

Cepstral does not endorse or permit the sale of any material related to speech technology through the forums. We delete such postings in fact in a regular sweep. We will leave this thread up to indicate our official position.

Cepstral voices provide the user with the facility to correct mispronunciation through the editing of lexicon file. This should serve as a solution until updates to the voice are issued. For more information please visit www.cepstral.com/cgi-bin/support?page=lexicon

Furthermore, Dragon NaturallySpeaking is the competition (which shall remain hereafter unmentioned).
AdamW

Return to Pronunciation