Demo was working well, since buying it stops to work

Voices aren't working properly?

Demo was working well, since buying it stops to work

Postby Uhlhorn » Sat Oct 03, 2009 10:23 am

I have downloaded the public beta voice of Kartin (German) for Mac OS X. It was running well under Leopard (10.5). I have updated to Snow Leopard (01.6) and it was running too – no problem!

Today I have noticed that the public beta was stopped. So I've bought a licence from cepstral and typed in the licence code. But the software did not work and continued saying that this is a demo.

So I've deinstalled the voice an reinstalled it again. Now the voice is not working. I can only use the english original voices from Apple.

The fair user who is paying for it is the stupid user. An unfair user, who is cracking the software has an running software!

I am very angry about this!

The voice is running under Snow Leopard, there is no problem! The only problem is, that cepstral is not able to install the software correctly.

So DONT'T BUY SOFTWARE FROM CEPSTRAL! You will get software that works, but with an not working installer!
Uhlhorn

Postby AdamW » Tue Oct 13, 2009 10:43 am

We appreciate the frustration and apologize for the inconvenience. We respect your opinion even though you're using our forum to disparage us and will keep the posting up.

Version 5.1 and prior of our voices is incompatible with Snow Leopard in a variety of ways. The installer you downloaded is a year old, and while it might seem to work, the software is not ready for Snow Leopard. We are in the process of updating the voices for 64-bit support and Snow Leopard, and will be issuing a free update to holders of 5.x licenses soon.

The web site has a notice in red notifying users of the situation when they download, when they purchase, and when they attempt to upgrade. The notice will remain up until we are ready with the update, at which time we will send an announcement out to all our Mac users and make the update available as described above.
AdamW

Postby Uhlhorn » Tue Oct 13, 2009 6:20 pm

adel wrote:The web site has a notice in red notifying users of the situation when they download, when they purchase, and when they attempt to upgrade.
Yes, I know, but the software was working fine on Leopard before I tried to enter the serial number! ;-)

By the way: Developers could get Snow Leopard many month before release. The reason is to get software running with the new system. ;-)
Uhlhorn

Return to Troubleshooting