Vista Ultimate problem

Voices aren't working properly?

Vista Ultimate problem

Postby themuseboy » Tue Jun 05, 2007 5:26 am

Voice working fine in Swifttalker and my Delorme GPS software, but in Vista control panel when I switch from MS Anna to Cepstral David he (David) says the voice is not licensed.

Any suggestions on how to correct this?

Mark
themuseboy

Postby MultiPort » Wed Jul 18, 2007 9:08 am

Mark,

Thanks for reporting this. Cepstral found a Vista machine which reproduces this. We are investigating.
MultiPort

registered voices and VISTA- MS office

Postby wsucarlsen » Thu Aug 23, 2007 11:54 pm

Same thing happens to me. Voices evoke messages that they are not registered but they are. So, can't use them for the time being.

Naybe just a problem with Natural Reader. will be checking with other other apps
wsucarlsen

RE: Vista Ultimate problem

Postby Jack » Fri Oct 05, 2007 4:53 am

I'm not having licensing issues (I'm still on the trial software), but even the trial Cepstral voices seem to be having some severe compatibility issues!

I'm running Windows Vista Ultimate (x64) and the Cepstral voices will only run in Swifttalker. Everywhere else, there are problems.

TextAloud TTS:
Code: Select all
Error: (X) The parameter is incorrect. Please contact technical support. [OK]

Adobe Reader 8.1: Does nothing. The text to be read appears to be selected, but no voice.

Vista Control Panel (x86): Speech Properties, after switching from "Microsoft Anna" to any Cepstral voice, it gives me
Code: Select all
Speech Properties: (!) This voice cannot be played. Please try selecting another voice or selecting a different audio output device. [OK]
(Typical Microsoft blabber. Error message says nothing helpful :lol: )

Maybe it's not installing into the interface properly? Maybe there's an incompatibility issue with the speech engine? Is it SAPI-compatible? Does the engine fit into Microsoft's .NET framework? Maybe my 64-bit system could be an issue? All my other non-Cepstral voices are working fine even though they are running as x86.
I was going buy some voices here until the trial voices I tried didn't work; there must be a solution somewhere -- these voices are too nice to let go!
Jack

Return to Troubleshooting