Known Issues

Voices aren't working properly?

Known Issues

Postby forumadmin » Thu Nov 30, 2006 1:44 pm

We publish a list of known issues for each voice package for each platform with every release. We even update these lists if new issues are brought to our attention after the release goes out. If you are experiencing an issue with your Cepstral voices, please check the list of known issues for the voices you are using before reporting it to us or posting here.

The known issues for each downloadable voice package can be found by clicking on the "Issues" link next to each package on the Cepstral Downloads page.
forumadmin
Administrator

Postby hutmark » Sat Oct 24, 2009 6:30 pm

I love your product. I will keep using it.

The announcement of Snow Leopard 10.6 had an unprecedentedly early announcement. You knew it was coming. Anyone who follows Apple Dev would know that this might look like a minor release but it was actually quite a hurdle for many developers, including Adobe which still works, but had to delay it's 64-bit support until CS5. Despite it was a significant release we still would have liked better communication.

For the sanity of your Mac users. Please:
    Make plain your current lack of support for 10.6. More users will be turned off if they are able to purchase without clear notification that your support for 10.6 is not yet there. Don't blame them for buying without installing the trial when you don't seem to have clear notification.

Pledge to be ready for future releases of the Mac operating system unless you previously give notice (email, press release, whatever) that your support of the next OS is delayed.

Notice in the board--make it sticky. Notice at the point of sale.

If I had an email notification from you, I might have delayed my install of Snow Leopard. Alex is one of the best voices Apple has had, but Callie is hands-down the winner.

Thanks for reading. I look forward to your release of 10.6 support!
hutmark

Return to Troubleshooting