Do voices work when operated from a Windows NT Service?

Voices aren't working properly?

Do voices work when operated from a Windows NT Service?

Postby greezybacon » Tue Mar 06, 2007 3:58 pm

I have written an application that generates speech audio for an IVR system. If I run the application from the IDE, David-8kHz generates audio data. When the application is compiled and run as a service that logs in as the user that installed the voice, again, when I call the IVR software, I get voice audio.

However, if I set the service the way it was before using the Cepstral voice (i.e. the default Microsoft voices) so that the service logs on with the LocalSystem account, no audio data is given from the Cepstral voice. Is this as designed? Is there a security setting somewhere I need to change? Has someone else run across this?
greezybacon

RE: Do voices work when operated from a Windows NT Service?

Postby jhughes » Thu Mar 29, 2007 3:17 pm

I'm also having this problem. How do you set up "Speech" in the Control panel for the LocalSystem account to use the default voice. Or is there a way to set it globally for all users?
jhughes

Postby hailong » Wed Apr 04, 2007 12:47 pm

Under Windows platform, the "system" voice is maintained by the operating system, thus the only way to set global voice is through Windows control panel. Since this might be account specified, without logon of the user, only the Microsoft default voice will be used.

Swift can only set default voice in the scope of Cepstral voices.
Travel Around.
hailong

Return to Troubleshooting