License key not "sticking"

Having trouble entering your license key(s)?

License key not "sticking"

Postby amy-pdc » Fri Jun 17, 2011 12:49 pm

Hello,

Everytime our asterisk server reboots I have to use /root/asterisk/register to make the "This voice is not licensed" message go away. Is there something I can do to troubleshoot this?

asterisk version: 1.8.1.1
cepstral allison version: 5.1.0
amy-pdc

Postby AdamW » Sun Jun 19, 2011 11:37 am

Well, /root/asterisk/register is a utility produced by digium, but I think the issue has to do with insufficient privileges for that utility to write the licence file. Alternatively, the file is there but you are writing it under a user who does not allow the asterisk process to read it. Pat yourself on the back for excessively good security in that case. The runtime will remember the license but since the file fails to write (or is it read) a reboot makes it "forget" the license. Register then reinjects the license into the runtime until the next reboot. To check look for /opt/swift/voices/<voice>/license.txt :

- make sure the license.txt file is there and readable by the asterisk process.
- If the file is not there try running root/asterisk/register under sudo but make sure the result is readable by the asterisk process.

Of course this might not be the issue you're having. Reporting on the state and permissions of the license will help us go further.
AdamW

Return to Licensing