Licensing issue with Asterisk dial plan

Having trouble entering your license key(s)?

Licensing issue with Asterisk dial plan

Postby thegoldberg » Thu Jan 22, 2009 10:43 am

Greetings,
I have purchased, installed and registered Cepstral Allison voice for my Linux Asterisk 1.4 PBX.
When I run a commend such as swift -n Allison "hello" I get the proper response, without any license nagging.
When I use the same logic within the Asterisk dial plan via app_swift. I get "This voice is not licensed" read to me every time before the actual TTS kicks in.
What could be the problem here?

Eugene
thegoldberg

Re: Licensing issue with Asterisk dial plan

Postby jmorby » Sat Jan 09, 2010 4:33 pm

thegoldberg wrote:Greetings,
I have purchased, installed and registered Cepstral Allison voice for my Linux Asterisk 1.4 PBX.
When I run a commend such as swift -n Allison "hello" I get the proper response, without any license nagging.
When I use the same logic within the Asterisk dial plan via app_swift. I get "This voice is not licensed" read to me every time before the actual TTS kicks in.
What could be the problem here?

Eugene

I have a similar problem, however my asterisk voices work fine but I can't run swift locally :(

However judging by the fact your post is almost a year old with now response from the developers, I guess I shouldn't hold out much hope for support :(

I've also emailed Cepstral on a sales related question, but not had a response after more than a week :(
jmorby

Postby AdamW » Mon Jan 11, 2010 10:12 am

We post this (belated) response in the hope that it might help others.

As for the nag surviving licensing: The middleware that you use to connect TTS into Asterisk might have cached the audio. We have seen this before, as users set up the system prompts and continue testing with them without change at all, which results in a cache hit rate of 100%. You might want to find the cache and delete the items in it. As a check change one prompt trivially, if the reminder disappears, that points to caching as the culprit.

@Jmorby: As for holding out hope for support, one might want to use our ticket system, at http://support.cepstral.com/eticket/newticket.php

Or just describe your problem more extensively. It is certainly not the same problem at all as the original poster's.
AdamW

Return to Licensing