New install of Win 7 64 bit OS, Can I ... ?

Voices won't install properly on your system?

New install of Win 7 64 bit OS, Can I ... ?

Postby BarJabba » Sat May 29, 2010 10:14 pm

Hello Cepstral Staff,

I have been a customer for a few years now, and decided to move to Windows 7 Professional 64-bit OS. Do I just install my Ceptral voice to this OS as with XP 32 bit, or do you have a different version that needs to be installed? :?:

Being 64 bit, many application providers are having to compile an 64 bit compatable version. I am in a dual boot senario and will eventually get the XP Mode stuff it offers. I have a couple of older software titles that need 32 bit.

Thank you, 8)

Bar Jabba
Ben T. Curtis

My System Info Image
BarJabba

Postby sanchita » Tue Jun 01, 2010 8:34 am

As with all other developers, Cepstral had to add special support for 64-bit OSes. We also needed to provide support for 32-bit legacy applications running under the OS. To support Windows 64, you need to download the installer that is marked 64-bit from the following link:

http://www.cepstral.com/downloads/

That will allow both 32-bit and 64-bit applications to use TTS David from Cepstral.

Same problem with win 7 x64

Postby barryoo » Wed Apr 20, 2011 1:09 pm

Tried to download of Cepstral David win64 5.2.OB3.exe only to get a message "This installation requires the following windows component: <management and monitoring tool". The Cepstral Warning continues: "This tool is either missing or did not execute properly"

Well this message is certainly true: There is no such tool as "management and monitoring" in the win7 x64 Windows 7 Home Premium operating system.

Please help.
barryoo

Return to Installation