app_cepstral and Asterisk 1.4

Integrating the Cepstral engine

app_cepstral and Asterisk 1.4

Postby swoolley » Mon May 21, 2007 2:00 pm

I am trying to get app_cepstral to work with Asterisk 1.4. The instructions posted at:
http://www.pbxfreeware.org/archives/200 ... stral.html
are geared towards asterisk 1.2 including the format of the Makefile.
I have seen tidbits of people who have gotten it to work under 1.2, but nothing real detailed. Does anyone have a guide or comment on getting it to work?
swoolley

Postby bsalzano » Wed May 30, 2007 4:19 pm

Hi, i've been able to compile cepstral with asterisk 1.4. I've done some patching in the sources. If you're interested, let me know. Soon i'll put the whole tarball online.
bsalzano

Asterisk 1.4.4 and Cepstral

Postby kschava » Mon Jun 04, 2007 11:47 am

Hi i am trying to integrate the cepstral in asterisk 1.4.4 and can you post the code that you changed in asterisk to get it working, i have done the integartion on 1.2 before as we have some detailed steps on that.
kschava

Postby Justin » Thu Jun 07, 2007 9:21 am

I have seen res_cepstral do some weird things in my testing. I suggest using the app_swift.so module instead as it seems to have better stability in gluing the two applications together.

You can download app_swift.so from http://www.mezzo.net/asterisk/app_swift.html .You can locate the downloads towards the bottom of the page in the "Changes and Download" section. Alternatively you can also find links to other flavors of app_swift at http://www.loopfree.net/app_swift/ . I have yet to test these modules in a working production environment.
---------------------------------
Justin Leoni
Custom Developer
Digium
Justin

Postby jleoni » Thu Jul 26, 2007 9:03 am

I would like to add a side note here. After much testing of Swift with Asterisk BE and the res_cepstral.so, I've come to the realization that it isn't a problem with res_cepstral but rather a small bug in the Swift library which is being addressed by Cepstral. This also should clear up the issues some of you are having with app_swift.so and the open source version of Asterisk.
Last edited by jleoni on Tue Jul 31, 2007 11:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Justin Leoni
Custom Developer
Digium the Asterisk company
jleoni

Postby fonewiz » Thu Jul 26, 2007 6:02 pm

jleoni wrote:I would like to add a side note here. After much testing of Swift with Asterisk BE and the res_cepstral.so, I've come to the realization that it isn't a problem with res_cepstral but rather a small bug in the Swift library which is being addressed by Cepstral. This also should clear up a lot of issues many of you are having with app_swift.so and the open source version of Asterisk.

So, am I to assume that Cepstral is something that is not stable enough to run in a production system with Asterisk 1.4.x?
fonewiz

Postby jleoni » Tue Jul 31, 2007 11:38 am

There are rare cases where the Swift library core dumps when used with Asterisk. But I can offer you some sunshine here. I have been working closely with Cepstral and their engineers to clear up these minor bugs as soon as possible, and they are very close on this one.
Justin Leoni
Custom Developer
jleoni

Postby jmls » Tue Oct 16, 2007 2:24 pm

Did you get any further with this ?

jleoni wrote:There are rare cases where the Swift library core dumps when used with Asterisk. But I can offer you some sunshine here. I have been working closely with Cepstral and their engineers to clear up these minor bugs as soon as possible, and they are very close on this one.
jmls

Postby jleoni » Wed Oct 24, 2007 9:54 am

Yes we have, if you haven't noticed for Linux x86 there is now a version 4.2.1 which has cleared up all of the bugs that I had worked on. The folks at Cepstral worked diligently on these issues until they were resolved. I suggest you upgrade to the 4.2.1 immediately if you haven't already done so.
Justin Leoni
Custom Developer
jleoni

Return to Asterisk