"Failed to set voice"

Integrating the Cepstral engine

"Failed to set voice"

Postby astmonkey » Thu May 10, 2007 12:26 pm

Im positive this is a simple issue, but I just cant find anything substantive online about it.

I downloaded and compiled app_cepstral 1.4, and after a little playing around I got it to load sucessfully in Asterisk 1.4. *Note, apparently you have to create a symlink between the ".4.2's" in the /opt/swift directory and the /usr/lib directory. Doesnt say anything about it in the notes, just might be useful for someone down the road.

In any case, got it to load sucessfully, however when I try to run a line like so:

exten => s,3,Cepstral('This is a test of the Callie Voice')

I get :
ERROR[3495]: app_cepstral.c:197 cepstral_speak: Failed to set voice.

Is there some kind of enviroment variable that I need to set in Linux in order to assist in the correct selection of the voice ? Or a flag in the dialplan perhaps ?

Thanks for any help given !
astmonkey
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Thu May 10, 2007 12:20 pm

Postby astmonkey » Thu May 10, 2007 1:30 pm

I found this in the app_cepstral.c file at line 197. I know this isnt officially supported, but was wondering if this could help shed some light for someone !

Thanks !

/* Set the voice found by find_first_voice() as the port's current voice */
if ( SWIFT_FAILED(swift_port_set_voice(port, voice)) ) {
ast_log(LOG_ERROR, "Failed to set voice.\n");
goto all_done;
}
astmonkey
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Thu May 10, 2007 12:20 pm

Postby Alex » Tue May 15, 2007 10:37 am

Hello astmonkey,

If you haven't already tried, I'd suggest checking if the voice is still running OK outside of Asterisk with command-line swift.

/opt/swift/bin/swift "test"

That should produce some audio with the default voice.

-Alex
Alex
 
Posts: 26
Joined: Mon Dec 04, 2006 11:19 am

Postby jmls » Tue Oct 16, 2007 2:23 pm

did you ever sort this out ? I have the same problem.

astmonkey wrote:I found this in the app_cepstral.c file at line 197. I know this isnt officially supported, but was wondering if this could help shed some light for someone !

Thanks !

/* Set the voice found by find_first_voice() as the port's current voice */
if ( SWIFT_FAILED(swift_port_set_voice(port, voice)) ) {
ast_log(LOG_ERROR, "Failed to set voice.\n");
goto all_done;
}
jmls
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Tue Oct 16, 2007 2:17 pm

Postby jleoni » Wed Oct 24, 2007 9:46 am

You need to make sure your using the latest version of the Swift voices which for Linux x86 is 4.2.1, as this version fixed a couple of different bugs.

Also as Alex said make sure to verify that Swift is functioning properly outside of the Asterisk environment.

Also ensure that your ports are licensed properly as I have seen this issue before as well but after just reinstalling Swift and verifying that all of my licenses were working properly the problem was rectified.
Justin Leoni
Custom Developer
Digium the Asterisk company
User avatar
jleoni
 
Posts: 15
Joined: Thu May 24, 2007 3:56 pm
Location: Huntsville, AL


Return to Asterisk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Exabot [Bot] and 1 guest