Pause or Break while Text-to-Speech

Integrating the Cepstral engine

Pause or Break while Text-to-Speech

Postby naveenpalani » Thu Oct 04, 2007 2:18 am

I am Working on a text-to-speech delivery, made use of Voice - David-8kHz.
I have got 3 set of questions which are as follows:

1. I would like to know if there is any possibility in Cepstral to pause a second when the voice delivers some thing like when it has to deliver this message

"Hi Mr. David. (pause) It is nice have in our office. (pause) What would you like to see in our organization.

FYI: David is the cepstral voices downloaded from cepstral.com"

2. As you can see in the above paragraph, when i use "Mr." it recognizes and says as mister but when i use FYI it says as FYI instead of "For your information". which words does cepstral support.

3. I need to execute the following tts functionality:

"This is a reminder for your appointemet. Press 1 for confirmation. Press 3 for rescheduling and Press 9 for replay the message."

When the user presses 1 immediately after he hears 1, then the control should go to next without continuing further in the above sentence. Is this possible in cepstral.

Thanks and appreciate your valuable response.
Naveen
naveenpalani

Postby naveenpalani » Wed Oct 10, 2007 2:24 am

I could find out the solution for one of the issue where i had to pronounce the abbreviations as full text. For example if i have typed "ack" and would like to get this word in tts as "acknowledge" change this in lexicon.txt with suitable tags. This worked out good enough.

Still yet to find out what different tags will cepstral support, something similar to .(full stop) ,(comma) ... etc?
naveenpalani

Postby jleoni » Wed Oct 24, 2007 9:41 am

Review the Cepstral SSML FAQ found at http://www.cepstral.com/cgi-bin/support ... &type=ssml

This page contains many useful parameters that can completely extend the functionality of Swift.
Justin Leoni
Custom Developer
Digium the Asterisk company
jleoni

Return to Asterisk